Friday, January 7, 2011

Hey Daddy

Hey daddy, I need you now more then ever.
Hey mommy, get your life together.
Didn’t I have siblings?  Where’d they go?
Were we ever a family?  I wouldn’t know.

Do you see the hatred in my eyes?
The love for myself slowly dies.
Break, mirror, break.  Shatter into pieces.
I hate this reflection, the pain never seizes.

What’s wrong with me daddy?  Why do I cry?
Where are you mommy? I know that you try.
Brother, brother, so many, do you care?
Sister, sister, it’s my heart that you tear.

Daddy, your wife, she has two faces.
Mommy, listen, my heart races.
Friends, I know you stand, ready for all,
But aren’t you tired, waiting for my fall?

Long awaited love, your great and grounded in God,
But I’m so far from what you need, I’ve learned to smile and nod.
If I were you, I’d walk away.
If it were I, I’d be scared to stay.

Falling apart, from inside to out,
Terrified of myself, I just want to shout.
Is hell worth the life I’d take?
Living this way is nothing but fake.

I live against my will unable to choose,
I hate all I’ve become, step into my shoes.
I’m sorry, for living this way,
I’m sorry that you watch, or even stay.


Andria Dawn McMillen 6.16.10

No comments:

Post a Comment