Friday, December 30, 2011

Example

Walking the streets of my small town, all I knew to do was wonder. No one is who they say they are, but everyone knows who you are. Nothing is ever quite right, but no one can ever do wrong. Humans, we live in a constant paradox. 
I see every soul walk by, and their faces each portray the truth they hide. We all hide. We’re ashamed of who we are. Yes, we’re flawed and filled with repulsive sin; but my God, our God, created each of us in his very own image. He knew what He wanted, and maybe that’s not exactly what you think you want, but God knows you better than you know yourself.
For every hidden person, every hurting person, for every paradox, flaw, and second-guess, you are no mistake. Find comfort in what you stand on rather than who you think you are. 
“’ All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever.’ And this word is the good news that was preached to you. 1 Peter 1:24-25”
Maybe my words are filled with inspiration or the grammatical correctness of a professional author or a top blog, but I am simply myself and that’s all I can be.
I end my sporadic inspiration encouraging you to find the hidden souls and be an example. Embrace yourself for who God has made you and follow His path to reach points in your life you would never believe. You may be different, and it won’t be easy, but stand up for who you are and what you stand in. Watching the examples in my life helped me find who I am and what I believe in.
If you’ve made it this far I’d like to say thank you for bearing through my amateur writing style, and I hope you’ve made something out of it.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment