Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012


            2012.

 The New Year will be reined in tonight.  I’ve chosen a single word to base my entire year off of. 

Beautiful.

 My goal is to see, and write about, the world’s beauty.  I’d like to also focus on individuals’ unique beauty, as well as come to terms with the fact that my own natural beauty is from God, and therefore must be suitable for Him.


                I’d like to start with my inspiration.

 I met someone, on a trip I recently took with Girl Scouts.  I was strangely fascinated with her the moment I saw her.  I spent the next few days getting to know her.  She is very unique, very comfortable with herself, and her form of beauty astounds me still.  While our beliefs are slightly differently, I respect her very much.  She has a close knit family, and I can see in those huge green/blue/gray glass eyes that she yearns to bring them happiness.  Her heart is golden, and she treats everyone equally.  She wears no makeup; her hair falls natural and remains her natural color.  As I got to know there was a slight envy in my heart, because I wanted people to see me the way I see her.  She is slightly clumsy, awkward, and it all adds to her undying charisma.  She makes people laugh, and her aura lures people in, leading her to be well-loved.  She inspired me.  She inspired me to see the beauty in everyone, in everything, and most of all to find myself.  So I did, I tried hard to decide who I was and what my dreams were, and after a troubling night I decided it wasn’t my decision.  As I gave everything to God, I became confident in who I am.  I realize now, that me and this girl, we are very different in almost every way, but that doesn’t mean that one is beautiful and the other isn’t.  It simply means our beauty is expressed differently.  I will never forget her, because I intend on allowing her to be my lifelong inspiration to be myself, and to never try to be anything else.  She impacted my life in a way nobody has in a long time.  All-in-all I’ve learned that every single person has a story, something that has created who they are now, and every single person has the choice to keep writing, to create a better version than who they are now. 


Thank you, Rebecca Elizabeth Statum, for changing my life. 

Even the little things count.


P.S. you’re not only phenomenal and stellar,

 but also

BEAUTIFUL.





No comments:

Post a Comment